Lafayette, Indiana is one of the top family friendly area as it’s safe and has plenty of easy wildlife watching and nature experiences, making it a must for families who love nature. Due to these reasons, it is not too difficult to plan a fun filled day for the family.
If you’re looking for some activities for the whole family, here are our top dozen things to do in Greater Lafayette with kids!
Family Fun in Greater Lafayette, IN
- Prophetstown State Park offers playgrounds, bike trails, camping amenities, a pool in the summer, and so much more! Click here for a detailed blog on everything to do at Prophetstown State Park with your family.
- Columbian Park Zoo gives kids a fun afternoon of exposure to animals from around the world. Monkeys, farm animals, butterflies, and soon to come – penguins – are all taken care of at this family attraction! Click here for more information on Columbian Park as a whole.
- Tropicanoe Cove just put in two new slides this summer that take this pool from awesome to amazing. Click here for the breakdown on hours and features! This is a public, outdoor pool, so it’s only open during summer. In addition to Tropicanoe Cove, there are many indoor and outdoor pools for swimming all seasons. Click here for locations throughout Lafayette, IN.
- Wolf Park opens it’s doors to the public for exposure to wolves and their natural behaviors. Wolf Park has many special events all seasons of the year. Click here to view an event calendar!
- Purdue University is a major part of our community. You can find tons of family fun just walking around campus searching for famous buildings or fountains. Seasonal basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, football, and many more games have tickets for sale. So, game attendance is an option too! Click here for the official website of Purdue Athletics.
- Celery Bog! Another natural area to explore with paved trail and a nature center. Click here for more info!
- For the winter months, there are indoor playgrounds and trampoline parks available for low cost play. Click on each name for more information.
- Take a class at Flourish Studio and Classroom! This environment inspires all things creative!
- Take a candy cane tour at McCord Candies. It’s a great time to watch how candy canes are made and then form your very own cane at the end. Wrap things up with lunch or a special treat from the main dining area! Then a trip to Riverside Skating Center to go ice skating is totally fitting! Of course, these 2 are seasonal events so be sure to check out their websites for dates/times.
- Clegg Botanical Gardens is last, but it’s certainly not least! Check out this hidden gym for a short trail hike with amazing views of the Wildcat Creek. Explore the property in the spring for wildflowers, identify trees in the summer and fall, and hear the silence of the snowfall in winter! Keep your eyes open for wildlife here too!
- Chuck-E-Cheese – where a kid can be a kid! Check out this link to find local coupons; events and more!
- All Fired Up! Check out this groovy little art studio to find your creative side! It’s the perfect place for people of all ages & abilities to relax and make memories!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9200. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!