It’s summer time, and the living’ is sure easy! We’re here to help you think up creative ideas for dates in Lafayette, IN specific to Summer! Check these out!
Local Babysitting Services
Okay, first thing’s first. What will you do with the kids? No sitter? Or no family close by, or maybe you feel bad asking them to watch the kids? No worries! Here are a couple local babysitter or nanny referral services. These companies pair families with Sitters who have gone through background checks, interviews, reference checks, and are CPR Certified. Click on the website to view the associated fees and hourly rates for the sitters.
- Supreme Care Sitters (West Lafayette, IN): A local stay at home mom started this company with personal and professional knowledge on what parents look for in a sitter! Click here to view the owner’s story along with information about how the company started!
- Care.com: Care.com is a company used worldwide to locate babysitters, housekeeping providers, pet sitters, and more!
Fun and Random Date Night Ideas for Summer
- Canoe and kayak rental: Lafayette, IN offers access to the Wildcat Creek by canoe or kayak. Click here to view the company that supplies those rentals! Just 30 miles South of Lafayette, IN is Crawfordsville, IN which gives access to the Sugar Creek. Click here to view the company that supplies canoe rental for Sugar Creek!
- Tubing on the Wildcat: Why rent a canoe when you can float on a single tire tube all day and have an equally satisfying date? It’s just an idea.
- Make it a personal goal to visit all of these ice cream shops in Greater Lafayette, IN.
- Clegg Botanic Gardens (Lafayette, IN): The Clegg Botanic Gardens provide some wonderful, green scenery for any level date night. It’s perfect for some alone time coupled with exercise along the Wildcat Creek. You’ll love the mile long trail that winds through the gardens!
- Biking and Walking trails and state parks withing 45 mins: You know we love us some free (or as close as possible to free) hiking/biking experiences. Click here to locate trails throughout Greater Lafayette. The State Parks include Prophetstown State Park, Shades State Park, and Turkey Run State Park! Check them out!
- Driven-in movie theaters. Drive-in’s offer a nice change in scenery for all you movie lovers out there. Plus, it’s perfect for some alone time during date night. The closest ones are in Thortown, IN and Monticello, IN.
- The first Saturday of every month, Downtown Lafayette, IN hosts the Mosey Down Main which is a little festival with a lot of community involvement. Click here to view a list of festivals throughout small communities in Indiana. Indianapolis has some festival too. Check out a list of those here.
- Union Summer Lawn Concerts (Purdue Memorial Union; West Lafayette, IN): Purdue University‘s Summer Concert Series is free. You can even walk around campus to view Purdue’s beautiful scenery for a relaxing summer night date!
- Climb Lafayette (Lafayette, IN): Indoor rock climbing! Yes! They have climbing for beginners and advanced climbers! Fear not, friends.
- Sign up for the Spartan Race together and train for it. It’s located in The Badlands in Attica, IN this year, and it’ll be epic. It’s just another idea.
- You could also visit The Badlands for some off road fun in your date life. Jeep? 4wheelers? Dune buggy? Fun times together!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!