Let us introduce you to another small town in the area: Rossville, IN!
Rossville, IN is a small town that sits about 10 miles outside of Lafayette, IN. When you take Indiana’s SR 26 east from I-65, you’ll run into some small hills, then some farmland, and then the beautiful scenery rolls into Rossville. It’s a small place, with one stoplight where SR 26 and SR 39 meet. We love these little towns! They make up the heartland of Indiana, and with small populations, the community, or “everybody knows everybody” aspect of life, is undeniable.
Here are a few fun facts about the town! (according to City-data)
- Rossville, IN is a part of Clinton County and Ross Township.
- The population of Rossville according to the 2014 census is 1,657.
- The median annual income for the area is about $51,000.
- Mar. 2016 cost of living index in Rossville: 87.0 (less than average, U.S. average is 100)
Restaurants of Rossville, IN
No town spotlight is complete without a list of the local restaurant options! For the size of Rossville, the menu looks extensive!
- Dan the Man’s Taco Stand (Rossville, IN): This is Dan the Man’s home base, but keep your eyes peeled for his food truck! It makes appearances on the streets of all the surrounding cities.
- Flour Mill Bakery (Rossville, IN): The Flour Mill has amazingly baked everything. Breads, donuts (over 50 flavor combinations), scones, cookies, and more! It is a personal favorite of ours! They also have a bulk food section. You’ll love it here.
- Arni’s Pizza: Rossville (Rossville, IN): Arni’s is an Indiana- original chain restaurant, and this is a branch of that pizza! Meet you at Arni’s.
- Treece’s Restaurant and Lounge (Rossville, IN): This is Rossville’s family owned and operated diner. Catfish, steak, chicken, and country style anything are all options here!
- Browny’s Pizza King (Rossville, IN): Pizza King is another pizza chain from Indiana. It’s a big debate: Arni’s vs Pizza King. Try them both, and you decide! This Pizza King here serves ice cream too!
- Ethan’s All American Grill (Rossville, IN): Rossville’s newest restaurant serving dinner Tuesday – Sunday’s with a variety of appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entrees including fish, shrimp and more!
Amenities of Rossville, IN
These are some small town features that are unique to Rossville, family owned, and they’ll knock your socks off.
- Silver Thorn Farms (Rossville, IN): Silver Thorn Farm is a certified organic farmer located on the North side of Rossville, IN. They offer produce subscriptions for a weekly produce supply through summer and much more. Check out their Facebook and website for more information! You’ll also see them at the Lafayette and West Lafayette Farmer’s Markets each week!
- Cottrell’s Christmas Tree Farm (Rossville, IN): Cottrell’s sits just to the Southeast of Rossville, IN. It’s only open during the Christmas season, but when they are open they run great deals on fresh Christmas trees! They also have a pretty fabulous light display during Christmas season.
- Angel Hill Golf Course (Clinton County, IN): Angel Hill is a public golf course on the East side of Rossville, IN.
School District of Rossville, IN
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!