This Sunday, June 17th, 2018 is Father’s Day. So, if you’ve got a dad who likes to fish, get your bobbers, lures, and poles out and ready. If you or your dad are avid fisherman, then you likely have a few secret spots around the Lafayette, IN area to cast your line. We aren’t here to expose any fishing hole secrets, but we’ll surely point you to all the wonderful public access fishing spots Lafayette, IN has to offer!
First thing’s first, you’ll need a fishing license for the state of Indiana. So don’t forget it! Click here to view the DNR website for information on how you can obtain your own. Locally, you can obtain a fishing license at Wal-Mart.
Equipment and bait can be found at your local Wal-Mart or at a locally owned store called Geneo’s Hunting.
One more thing, click here to view the reglations and requirements for catch and release. It’s fun to take the fish home and fry it up, but just make sure it’s within the Indiana State regulations!
Public Fishing Access
- Armstrong Park: stocked pond; handicap accessible
- Bicentennial Nature Area: Small boat accessible (electric motors only)
- Columbian Park
- Davis Ferry Park: There is a bridge to fish off. No restrooms at this location.
- Fairfield Lakes: 4 lakes stocked with bass, crappie, catfish, and rainbow trout; there are 2 handicap accessible fishing pads
- Faith Community Park: stocked pond
- Fort Quiatenon: boat ramp and access to the Wabash River
- Granville Park: boat ramp and access to the Wabash River
- Munger Park: 32 acre pond
- Prophetstown State Park: $6/car entry fee into the park
- Ross Hills Park: Catch and Release pond and access to the Wabash River
- Shamrock Park: boat ramp and access to the Wabash River
- Tapawingo Park: Wabash River access; river eel, spoonbill catfish, alligator gar and other unusual fish caught along the banks of the Wabash
- Wildcat Park: fishing pier; canoe or kayak access; WARNING: there is a beach area at the main access of this creek, so you will need to walk a ways to find a safe fishing area.
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!