A Guide To Preparing Your Home to Sell FAST!
Do you have big plans to sell your home this year? Preparing your home for the market is a vital step to getting top dollar for your home and selling it in a short time frame! Here is a practical guide to getting your house ready to sell:
First, drive around your neighborhood and see what others are doing to make their home eye catching. Then, stand at your sidewalk and take a good look all around your home. Ask yourself if you should…
- Power wash the exterior and deck
- Paint the shutters and trim, front door and door frames
- Pull weeds in the yard and clean them up and trim the bushes, add mulch and plant flowers
- Edge your sidewalks and driveway
One of the most cost-effective value when selling your home is paint. A fresh coat of paint does not cost that much but makes a BIG IMPRESSION!
- Remove wallpaper and borders
- Freshen up paint in neutral colors, paint trim and baseboards to give it a clean, crisp feel
Here is a before and after photos of a bathroom with fresh neutral paint:
One of the best places to start with increasing the value, and the desirability, of your home when selling is with the elimination of clutter. You need to showcase the amount of space that you have. A clutter-free house will make your house feel larger, resulting in added appeal to potential buyers.
- Removing some of your personal photos and kids artwork
- Organize your closets
- Put away kid toys in a neat and organized manner and put extra belongings in storage
- Kitchen counters and bathroom vanities need to be tidy to maximize space
- Clear off the front and sides of the refrigerator
Spic and Span
Give your home a thorough cleaning inside and out!
- Clean everything from ceiling fans, floors, bathroom vents, front porch area and more
- Remove cobwebs and debris from the front porch, corners inside the house, etc.
- Wipe down walls, baseboards and doors
- Clean windows and mirrors so they look shiny and new
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned unless you are replacing the flooring
It’s best to do these things NOW rather than after the inspector has gone through and then you’re under a time crunch to make the repairs to sell your home.
- Regrout around sinks and tubs
- Replace all dimming or burnt out light bulbs throughout the house
- Update the old faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Repair dripping faucets or leaking hose bibs
- Have your furnace and A/C serviced and cleaned or replace the furnace filter
- Do you have a septic tank? Has it been pumped in the past few years?
- Have your fireplace cleaned and checked
- Replace broken or cracked windows and replace screens
Roll Out The Welcome Mat
Once you feel you’re home is ready to put on the market for sale, do a walk through of your whole house and yard. It’s time to roll out the welcome mat and sell your home! Remember……you only get ONE FIRST IMPRESSION!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana and West Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!