New Year’s Day wraps up the holiday season by welcoming 2019 with a bang! Whether you’re enjoying a day off at home or hoping to do something with friends and family, we’ve got ideas for you. Here are a few things to do at home or within an hour’s drive of Greater Lafayette on New Year’s Day!
New Year’s Day Brunch
Trader’s Point Creamery New Year’s Day Brunch (Zionsville, IN): The Loft at Trader’s Point Creamery will not disappoint. They serve brunch from 9:30 A.M. – 2:30 P.M. Want to know what’s on the menu? Click here to view all the details on their website!
New Year’s Day Events
- First Day Hike (West Lafayette, IN): Set out to the prairie at Prophetstown State Park and opt outside for the first day of 2019. The hike is from 2:00 – 3:30 P.M. Click here to view the Facebook event.
- Run in the New Year (West Lafayette, IN): Join the Wabash River Runner’s Club to bring in the New Year at the Sheraton in West Lafayette, IN. Registration is at 8:00 A.M., run is at 9:00 A.M. and breakfast is at 9:30 A.M. Click here to view the Facebook event.
- New Year’s Day Pajama Skate (Indianapolis, IN): Skateland invites you to lace up those skates for a $2 admission to roller skate when you wear your PJs! Doors open at 12:30 P.M. Click here for more information!
- Shipshewana’s New Year’s Day Auction (Shipshewana, IN): Please note that Shipshewana is a 2 and half hour drive from Lafayette, IN. From 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. (auction’s preview is at 8:00 A.M) there will be Farmstead Expo Barn. Here’s the breakdown:
- “Running 3-5 Auction Rings All Day. Seating available in each ring, so make sure to get there early to save your seat!
- Ring 1: Country Store – Primitives – Quality Furniture – Advertising – Bronzes – Lamps – Cast Iron
- Ring 2: Antique and Collectible Toys
- Ring 3, 4, and 5 – General Antiques and Collectibles”
- All Lafayette and West Lafayette movie theaters are open on New Year’s Day. If you’d like to check out movie showings, click here!
- At home there are plenty of things to do as a family!
- Dream Big! There are many ways to brain storm about the coming year. Make a vision board or book, write down those goals you have, and discuss 2019 with those closest to you.
- Reflect! On all things good, bad, and ugly. Discuss growing moments, new friends, places, or adventures, and the best of times.
- Football! Football games will abound on New Year’s Day. Check your local listings or maybe hit up Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game!
- Organize a family dinner including all things “lucky” as your focus! Luck might not be the actual outcome, but we know you’ll love trying these new things. Click here to view a list of fun, “lucky” menu items!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!