Memorial Day is, according to the Google Dictionary, “a day on which those who died in active military service are remembered.” So, if you’ve lost someone in the Military, from the Romanski Group community to yours, we are thankful for the service of your family. The Greater Lafayette, IN has many ways to spend Memorial Day honoring fallen heroes or just making the most of a beautiful day. Continue to read to find out more information!
Memorial Day Weekend Events In Greater Lafayette, IN
- Annual Memorial Day Parade (Downtown Lafayette, IN): May 27th, 2019 from 12:00 – 2:00 P.M. “The 2019 Memorial Day Parade will be held on Monday, May 27, 2019 at noon. Line up begins 11:00 A.M. at 16th and Alabama Streets. The parade will step off at noon and will travel on Main Street to Wallace Ave, then take Park Drive into Columbian Park for the program at Memorial Island. The program will begin around 1 P.M.” Click here for the Facebook Event.
- Lafayette Citizens Band Performance (Riehle Plaza; Downtown Lafayette, IN): May 27th, 2019 at 7:30 P.M.
- Around the Fountain Art Fair (Downtown Lafayette, IN):
May 25th, 2019 from 9:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. “One of the premier juried art fairs in the Midwest! Free admission!”
- Civic Theater presents, “Time Stands Still” (Lafayette, IN): May 25th, 2019 at 7:30 P.M. “Sarah and her boyfriend James come back from covering the Iraq War, physically bruised and emotionally beaten. The burgeoning relationship of their best friend Richard and his young girlfriend makes them examine their own relationship and way of life. Is it possible for two people who are used to living in dangerous conditions to carve out a normal life? Can they stay together amidst unspoken betrayals and conflicting ideals?”
- IPL 500 Festival Parade (Indianapolis, IN): May 25th, 2019 at 11:45 A.M. “One of the original 500 Festival events, the IPL 500 Festival Parade is one of the nation’s largest, most respected parades…
More than 300,000 people will line the streets of downtown Indianapolis to experience the larger-than-life floats, giant helium balloons, celebrities and dignitaries, award-winning bands, and all 33 drivers competing in the Indy 500.”
Other ways to Spend Memorial Day in Greater Lafayette, IN
Wildcat Creek Park has a lil beachy – beach on the creek, so this is another place to go hang out for the day. The beach has plenty of room to spread out, and the park along the creek has picnic tables and pavilions available for rent.
Ross Hills Camp is another place to check out this Memorial Day Weekend. Hiking trails, pavilions for rent, and plenty of space to run have us loving this outside of town park. Be sure to check it out.
Last but surely not least, Memorial Day traditionally sparks the beginning of camping season! Check out Prophetstown State Park, Wolf’s Leisuretime Campground, or Big Fish in the Lafayette, IN area. Just outside of Lafayette, there’s Shades State Park, Turkey Run, and France Park.
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9200. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!