Lafayette, IN’s Dickens of a Christmas is a holiday tradition around here since 1991. Here’s what it is according to the Shop Downtown Lafayette website: “Parts of Downtown Lafayette, IN transform into scenes from Victorian England in the mid-1800’s as locals act out scenes from Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’.” It’ll be an adventure back in time! Not only will you find quality entertainment at this event, but you’ll also be able to shop ’til you drop local goods. Yay for wrapping up Christmas shopping! Shop Downtown Lafayette and Lafayette Q1067 host this year’s once-a-year treat, and we recommend you check this one out!
Time, Location, and Other Information on Dickens of a Christmas
Stop by this Saturday, December 8th from 10:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. to join in on the fun!
Location: Downtown Lafayette, 5th Street: Columbia to Main & Main to Ferry, Lafayette
Click here to view the Facebook event which features up to date information and area to ask questions.
Things to do at the Dickens of a Christmas
Dickens of a Christmas is a spot for local vendors to set up shop for you to browse, similar to the Holiday Mini Market. So, this event is perfect for helping you finish up that Christmas shopping! Small businesses such as Chuggy’s Dog Treats and The Druid’s Way will be there.
In addition to shopping, all the things fun will abound. Free hay wagon rides offer fun for all ages and sizes. The Dickens Carolers will be moving about the event performing Christmas songs and scenes from “A Christmas Carol” at Duncan Hall. See below for where to find Santa when he visits!
Pegasus Entertainment will also perform the story of Ebenezer Scrooge at 11:00 A.M, 1:00 P.M., and 3:00 P.M. in the 5th St Farmer’s Market area. There will also be live music all around! Be sure to keep your eyes and ears open for all these things!
Other activities include:
- BISTRO 501– Pancake Breakfast with Santa (reservations required) from 9:00-10:30 am and then a “special guest” from the North Pole.
- MIDTOWNE OVEN– 12:00-2:00 pm- Pizza With Santa
- KLAVERENGA GUITAR STUDIO– Vocal performances of Christmas Carols
- McCORD CANDIES– 12:00-8:00pm – Candy Cane Tours- $4
- HALSEMA CUSTOM CRAFTS– Make & Take Ornaments
- KATHY’S KANDIES & LAFAYETTE TRANSITIONAL HOUSING- 12:00-3:00 pm- Decorate a Gingerbread House for Homeless Families- Tickets are $15/1 person or $25/2 people
- DUNCAN HALL– 12:00-4:00 pm- Entertainment including Dickens Players, Dickens Carolers, Tippecanotes, Lisa Drake & Morris DuBois, McGovern Ceili Dancers. VISIT SANTA – 2:00-4:30 pm. Children’s crafts- Free Activities and Refreshments
- FLOURISH STUDIO & CLASSROOM– Ornament Make & Take Open Studio
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!