Indiana shines through the winter months. Not only was Lafayette/West Lafayette named on Travel Channel as one of the top ten Christmas towns in the USA, but it’s also just plain beautiful! Lakes, ponds, bogs, and rivers still beam with wildlife, but the outer edges freeze up, making for some breathtaking, decorated landscape. Beautiful, extended (because of our “flat” horizons) sunsets and sunrises glisten on the bright snow. While it’s true, the temps will drop and you won’t want to be outside for long periods of time, there are so many fun things to do around here that’ll give you a well-rounded season! Here are some of our recommendations for your Winter Bucket List for Greater Lafayette, IN!
- Shop local for Small Business Saturday!
- Host-a-Boiler for your Thanksgiving or Christmas break! It’s such a cool way to get to know people from all over the world.
- During Christmas, attend Dickens of a Christmas, the Downtown Holiday Market, and the Christmas Parade! This year, that’ll be on December 7th, 2019. Here are the details.
- Also during the Christmas season, visit McCord Candies for their famous candy cane tour. Here’s this year’s Candy Cane Tour Schedule
- Friday’s 5:30-8:30
- Saturday’s noon-8:00
- Sunday’s noon-6:00
- We recommend the Purdue Christmas Show! Seriously, it’s amazing. This one is in the evening of December 7th, 2019.
- Walk or drive through Faith’s Living Nativity. Another breathtaking aspect to our Christmas culture.
- December 6-8 @ 6:30-8:30 pm
- December 13-15 @ 6:30-8:30 pm
- Bake cookies or shovel a sidewalk/driveway for a neighbor. Spread the good cheer!
- Sled away those snowy days on Slayter Hill and or at Murdock park! Click here for more information on local sledding hills.
- We hope we don’t lose you here, participate in the Polar Plunge at Purdue! C’mon! It’ll be fun. They’re “Freezin’ for a reason,” and that reason is to raise money for the special Olympics.
- Take a “First Day Hike” on January 1st, 2020 along the Wabash Heritage Trail near the Celery Bog. It’s a great way to start off the new year, and it’s also beautiful, wintery, Indiana scenery!
- Last, but not least, take an afternoon ice skating at Tapawingo Park. Click here for pricing and other information.
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9200. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!