Real or artificial? Balled or cut? Displayed in the bay window? Tall enough to compliment your vaulted ceilings? Themed or homemade ornaments? Hunting for the perfect Christmas tree to place in the home is a big event for families and businesses here in the Lafayette Indiana area. Lafayette area Christmas tree farms provide trees with options on type, shape, price, and even retrieval style. You might have a favorite place to go based on tradition or convenience, but here are a few places around the Lafayette area that might get your gears turning for next year.
- Cassens Trees and Lumber (West Lafayette, IN): Dan and Vicki Cassens have supplied Lafayette and the surrounding area with beautiful Canaan fir, Fraser fir, Douglas fir, and Concolor fir, Scotch pine, and White pine, for almost 30 years. Their trees have won the Grand Champion prize in the Indiana State Fair three different times. Cassens Trees has two locations: 5038 Morehouse Rd., West Lafayette, IN and on Old State Rd 25 North between Americus and Delphi. Prices range from $5-$125. During the season, both tree farms are open on Saturdays from 9 A.M. – 5 P.M. and Sundays from noon -5 P.M. Morehouse Road tree farm is also open Monday – Friday from 3-6 P.M.
- Cottrell’s Trees (Rossville, IN): This farm was established in 1991, and they are a family owned farm and gift shop. They offer Scotch and White pine starting at $29/tree, and they offer Blue spruce- dug only. The set apart thing here would be The Hasté Pudding Gift Shoppe. They collect unique items throughout the year and display them at the shop. They have wreaths (up to 36”) and blankets made on site, as well as swags, crosses, grave pillows, and blankets. Hours are Saturday and Sunday 9 A.M. – 7 P.M. and Monday – Friday 4-7 P.M.
- Mattern’s Pine Ridge (Lafayette, IN): Jim, Sue, Noah and Bess Mattern have served Lafayette in tree farming for about 40 years, according to their website. They began as a small plantation, and grew into serving the area on a much larger scale! They offer Blue spruce, Concolor fir, Fraser fir, Norway spruce, or White pine ranging $15-$150. Cash or Check only with no public restrooms. Open all days of the week from 10 A.M. – dark.
- Dull’s Tree Farm (Thorntown, IN): Established in 1985, this was by far the most popular one mentioned when we asked around for favorite places to get a Christmas tree in the community. The cut and carry tree prices are slightly higher here, but families are in love with the joint! They have a lot of family friendly activities that make traditions so, so merry. They also have a Bed and Breakfast, so just make a weekend out of it! Varieties and prices include: Scotch Pine $6- $8/ft; White Pine $6-$8/ft; and Canaan Fir $8-$13/ft. They also offer dug Christmas trees, and pre cut Christmas trees from an outside farm. They are open Saturday and Sunday from 9 A.M. – 6 P.M., and on Monday – Friday from 3 – 6 P.M.
- Dog N Suds (Lafayette, IN with trees from Monticello, IN): This is a pre-cut display that offers some serious convenience. Right in the middle of town, you can pull up, pick the perfect tree, and take that sucker home. Boom! You are not only benefiting from the location, but it is a local tree farm right out of Monticello. The vendor changes from year to year, but (if I am not mistaken) they are all brought from local farms. They have wreaths beautifully displayed on the side of the historic Dog N Suds building, making this place, yet another, great family tradition excursion site.
Basically, we know that Lafayette has a lot to offer locally. So if you’ve never gotten to check these places out GO FOR IT and support local people! Make a new tradition!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!