As the summer wraps up, we have just a few more weeks of those wonderful, beautiful, Indiana summer nights. Not to mention, for many Indiana residents, this is the last week of school summer vacations. Fortunately, the Indiana State Fair is about an hour drive from Greater Lafayette, and it’s going on right now!
So, let us tell you a few need-to-knows regarding the Indiana State Fair, but also a few want-to-knows because we don’t want you to miss out!
- “Step Right Up” is this year’s theme.
- Parking. The Indiana State Fair, along with Waze, provides a live traffic map in order to serve you. Click here to view that live traffic feed. There are many options when it comes to the Indiana State Fair parking. Some parking is on the Indiana State Fairgrounds, but there are free parking locations with free shuttles to the Fairgrounds as well. Please click here to view a comprehensive list of those locations and services!
- Rides and family discount days. The Midway is the Indiana State Fair‘s ride central. The rides function with a ticketing service and wristbands, enabling unlimited riding, are available for $30 each. Click here to view official pricing of admission, prepaid parking options, and discounts on wristbands. Almost every day has some sort of promotional deal with admission as well. Click here to view those options! There are Military Personnel Days, $2 Tuesdays, coupons in the Indy Star, and more!
- 4-H. The whole reason we have the Indiana State Fair in the first place! Be sure to check out the “World’s Largest Boar” in the hog barn. That thing is amazing.
- Other fun, free things to do. Click here to view a list!
- The Indiana State Fair Championship Rodeo is fun thing to enjoy! It’s on August 14th and 15th.
- The 2018 Chevrolet Main Stage is a feature you don’t want to miss. The official schedule is here, but celebrities such as Hanson, for KING and COUNTRY, Hunter Hayes, Tyler Childers, Anthony Hamilton, Natalie Stovall, and Randy Houser will all set foot at some point on this free, general admission stage. Be sure to check it out!
- Food. Is there any other reason to attend the Indiana State Fair? We know how to do food around here! From fresh sweet corn, to meat sundaes, to the Dairy Barn (always a crowd favorite). Click here to view a list of all the new foods at this year’s Indiana State Fair.
- A new addition to the Indiana State Fair is the Big Top Circus. They’re joining the fun with a single ring hosting three free acts per day. This is something new, fun, and different than year prior at the Indiana State Fair. Click here to view the activities offered at the Big Top Circus!
The Indiana State Fair is always a must-see event. It’s a great time, and we hope you enjoy the last of your summer vacation!!
Indiana State Fair Location, Hours, and Reviews
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!