Deciding how to spend time together through this Halloween season can be a ghoul-ing task. We are here to help! There are SO MANY options for you and your friends and family to enjoy in the Greater Lafayette, IN area. In fact, click here to view corn mazes and pumpkin patches of Greater Lafayette!
There are obviously many more events, festivals, and fun to be had this season that what we could fit here, but we hope this helps you begin in planning your Halloween/Harvest fun!
Family Friendly Halloween Events around Lafayette, IN!
- Haunted Science Lab (Lafayette, IN): Imagination Station comes in clutch again with the educational fun. “Imagination Station will once again be transformed into a spooky, Halloween-themed lab. Kids will get to participate in several lab stations, each with it’s own hands-on experiment. All kids will, of course, also receive a treat bag of goodies! Family Friendly Costumes are encouraged. Perfect for ages 2-13, but all are welcome! This event will be held twice, once on Friday night and again on Saturday during our normal hours (both will have the same fun activities). Price- non-members: $5 for everyone ages 2 and up, members: $1 for everyone ages 2 and up.” Click here to view the Facebook event page! The dates for this event are: October 26th at 6:00 P.M. & the 27th at 10:00 A.M.
- Boo at the Zoo (Columbian Park; Lafayette, IN): A crowd favorite! “This hauntingly-friendly fun event is geared towards pre-school and elementary-aged children and features fun games, a nightly kids’ costume contest at 7:30 PM, face painting, pumpkin carving, and the Enchanted Train Ride. New this year, there will be a variety of inflatables for the kids. Additionally, there will be live entertainment featuring jugglers, magicians and more! The Wild Tykes Play Zone Rides will also be included for kids under 42” tall. Concessions will be available to purchase.” Click here to view the Facebook event! This year’s dates are: October 24, 25, and 26 from 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- 4th Annual Halloween Town & Operation Trick or Treat (Downtown; Lafayette, IN): “Year of the Werewolf – Halloween family fun in DT Lafayette. Main Street Trick or Treating with DJ Wendell at the Depot. A FREE event. Cookies, punch, CANDY out the wazoo, costume judging for adults and pets.. Community Thriller Dance on the Plaza.” Click here to view the Facebook event!
- Barn Dance and Harvest Celebration (The Farm at Prophetstown; West Lafayette, IN): “Join us for our annual Barn Dance and help us celebrate the harvest of our crops! Scott Greeson shares his musical talents all over the Midwest, but will be performing in our barn from 6:30pm – 8:30pm. We will have a silent auction to support The Farm and activities for children. Come hungry, as we will have our very own farm chili for sale! Bring your camper chair for extra seating. Enjoy this annual evening of family fun! $5 per car, plus park admission. Trolley rides will be available for $3 per person, children 5 and under ride FREE.” Click here to view the Facebook Event. This event is October 20th, 2018 6:00 – 9:00 P.M.
- Trick or Treating with the Animals (The Farm at Prophetstown State Park; West Lafayette, IN): This event is pretty telling in its name! Click here to view the Facebook Event. Trick or Treating with animals is on Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 1 PM – 2:30 PM. However, there are many Halloween/Harvest themed events happening throughout the season in Prohpetstown. Click here to view a schedule of more upcoming events!
- Haunted Adam’s Mill (Cutler, IN): “Each year around Halloween, the [historic] Mill is decorated and becomes a haunted, scary place. Hundreds of visitors come from near and far to be scared! Guided tours through the ghostly three floors of the Mill reveal many spine-tingling experiences. $6 adults; $4 children ages 4-12; under 4, free. Outside, tractor-drawn hayrides take visitors through the haunted forest. Warm drinks and other treats are available under the overhang at the front of the Mill. This year’s Haunted Mill will take place October 20, 27, and 31 from 6 to 10 pm.”
More Mature Halloween Fun!
- Howler at the Fowler (Fowler Mansion; Lafayette, IN): “It’s going to be a ‘howl’ of a good time – costume contest, silent auction fundraiser with great prizes and awesome sponsors, cash bar, free appetizers, music and more! This is a 21+ over event. Tickets are $20. You can purchase them online, here.” Click here to view the Facebook event. This event is October 26th, 2018 6:00 – 10: 00 P.M.
- Indiana Beach Halloween Horror (Indiana Beach; Monticello, IN): “Treats by Day…Terror by Night…enjoy family-friendly activities during the day and if you‘re brave enough…stay for the slay. See how the park is transformed into a fun AND frightening site filled with all sorts of screams and scares around the corner…including specialized food and drink offerings. “Click here to view the Facebook event. This event runs Weekends, September 29th – October 28th, 2018 5:00 – 10:00 P.M.
Further Away (but in Indiana) Halloween/Harvest Fun!
- Indiana Fear Farm (Jamestown, IN): The name speaks for itself! This is a popular haunted experience in Indiana. Click here to view their Facebook page.
- ZooBoo (Indianapois Zoo; Indianapolis, IN): Another popular Indiana attraction! The Indianapolis Zoo offers some serious, family fun for the littles. Click here to view more information or purchase tickets!
- Grim-nasium (Indianapolis Children’s Museum; Indianapolis, IN): The Indianapolis Children’s Museum holds the title for the best Children’s museum in the United States! This is a great treat for your family time on Fall break. There is a “Ripley’s Believe it or Not” area, a not-so-spooky haunted house, and the entire museum to enjoy.
Click here to view an entire website dedicated to showing you where to find Indiana Haunted Houses.
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!