“Did you know that if a fire starts in your home you may have as little as two minutes to escape?” With this statement, The American Red Cross gives some perspective on just how fast a home fire can impact our lives. Having the correct fire safety precautions and plan can make all the difference for just a couple of minutes. We absolutely hope that day never comes for you and yours, but the Romanski Group is here with just a few tips to prepare you for an emergency if you have to face one! These tips come from the American Red Cross.
- Install Smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms, and outside sleeping areas. Test those once a month, and if they’re not working, change the batteries. Click here to purchase smoke detectors.
- Keep a fire extinguisher inside the home! To operate a fire extinguisher, just remember
- Pull the pin,
- Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire,
- Squeeze the handle, and
- Sweep nozzle side to side.”
- Communicate! Talk with anyone living inside your home and form an escape plan. Then, practice the routine. Click here for a print out to draw your floor plan and plot an escape.
- If a fire occurs in your home, get out and stay out! Do not go back inside the home for anyone or anything.
- Call for help! Your local fire department will know what to do and are trained for any fire situation, big or small.
- Click here for a Fire Safety Checklist created by FEMA or here for one from Prevention 1st. Both are great resources and give prevention ideas for everything fire-related within your home!
- Click here to purchase fire safety supplies.
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9200. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!