Welcome to the Farm! Fair Oaks Farm sits about 50 miles away from Greater Lafayette, but it serves us in many ways! This historical piece of Northwest Indiana is an amazing stop for family fun. Not to mention, it’s practically dairy heaven!
This family friendly event, Fair Oaks Farm Cowtowber Fest, is coming up, and we want you to know all about it. It is Saturday and Sunday, October 6th and 7th, 2018 from 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. CST. Here are a few things going on during Cowtober!
- Dress up and go trick or treating! They encourage family friendly costumes. “The festival features safe trick-or-treating with our businesses and vendors from 10:00a-12:00p CST… The first 100 kids to the festival will receive a commemorative trick-or-treat bag provided by our sponsors.”
- Celebrity Pumpkin Carvers and giant pumpkin viewings: “Jon Neill was the winner of the 2014 Food Network’s Halloween Wars… In 2013 the FOOD NETWORK recognized and invited David to compete on the broadcast ‘Halloween Wars 3’, in which his team, the Psychotic Misfits, took 2nd in the Championships after a hard fought month…”
- Country Music Recording Artists, Hastings and Co, provide the entertainment for this year’s Cowtober.
- Dance off! “Calling of the Monsters” is the name and dancing is the game. Enter the dance off to win $500!
- Click here to view a map and full schedule of events!
These are just a few things happening at the specific event of Cowtober, but the reality is that Fair Oaks Farm has plenty to do any see on any day of the year. While you’re there, be sure to do a few of these cool things that are available all year ’round.
- Eat at the Farmhouse Restaurant. This farm to fork cuisine comes straight from their farm to your fork in this beautiful restaurant. The menu includes everything from pizza to salad to steak and shrimp. Don’t forget the dessert! We recommend the Flourless Chocolate Torte with Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
- Try the delicious, award winning cheeses such as the Smoked Gouda, Habanaro Havarti, and 10 yr aged cheddar at the COWfe. You can sample any cheese they have on display! The COWfe also serves small sandwiches and scoops of their amazing ice cream. Don’t miss out!
- Plan for future family fun at the Farm. Fair Oaks Farm seeps adventure, knowledge, and fun for all ages. There are many activities such as Mooville and the birth Experience. Check out that list here!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9100. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area! Learn more about our Guaranteed Home Sale Program!