According to Forbes the No. 1 Happiest Job is a: REAL ESTATE AGENT!
We are guessing that you opened this page because you are either a newly licensed real estate agent, have a strong desire to be one, or are looking to make a change in your current career in real estate. Having a career in real estate can be both exciting and scary and it can be very rewarding with the potential of high earnings, freedom with time, helping others achieve their goals of home ownership and an intellectual challenge that can bring satisfaction.
What it takes to succeed as a Realtor?
- A Realtor is an individual who is goal-oriented, persevering, highly sociable, self-motivated, people-oriented and outgoing. They have a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- You’re an independent contractor and control your own book of business. Together with the above traits there are virtually no limits for the growth of your real estate business.
- You must demonstrate a commitment to learning and strive for growth by regularly attending courses and being coached to a higher level.
- You will have flexibility with your schedule, however, your income will be in direct proportion to the amount of effort that you put in.
Obtaining an Indiana Real Estate License:
Obtaining a real estate license is not difficult but it does take preparation. You must be able to meet the following requirements to obtain a real estate license in Indiana:
- be at least 18 years old (high-school graduate or hold an equivalency diploma)
- successfully complete an “approved” broker educational course
- achieve a passing score on the State examination
- make application for a license not later than 120 days after passing the examination
- pay the license fee which can be provided by contacting the Indiana Professional License Board
- have no conviction for a crime having a direct bearing on the your ability to practice competently
- Complete a 90 hour class online from any computer – or – take live classes.
- The 90-hour prelicense broker course includes 3 tests (100 questions, 1 attempt for each). You must a cumulative score of 225 points or more to receive your completion certificate.
- Once you pass the course, you will take an in-person, Indiana state pre-licensing exam through the state testing facility – Pearson Vue (www.pearsonvue.com).
- Upon passing the state exam you need to decide on the Real Estate Company or Real Estate Team to affiliate with and apply for your real estate broker license with the Indiana Real Estate Commission.
Real estate schools offering the pre-licensing course:
Here is a list of a few of the real estate schools approved to offer pre-licensing education.
- Real Estate Certification Program (RECP)
- Real Estate Career Institute
- Indiana Real Estate Institute
- Real Estate Career Network
- McKissock Real Estate
During your real estate courses, you will or probably learned principles, Indiana real estate law, contracts, agency, ethics, etc, but did you learn anything about how to run a real estate business? Chances are, the answer is no and you’re thinking, “Now what?” You’re not alone, but that is where Keller Williams Realty comes in.
The Best Training & Business Model In The Industry:
Immediately when you start your career in real estate with Keller Williams, you will begin a training program which is designed to kick start your real estate career and get you into production as quickly as possible. You’ll learn lead generation techniques, scripts and dialogues, role playing, forms and contracts training and shadowing experienced Realtor’s, all with the goal of teaching you the habits of a successful real estate agent.
KW combines the best agent training and education, cutting-edge technology, as well as the support of a brokerage that truly cares about your success. Keller Williams is the place to build your real estate career and we can help you reach your goals.
Explore a Real Estate Career with Keller Williams Realty:
If you are interested in attending our next Career Night; learning more about a career in real estate with The Romanski Group or joining Keller Williams Realty send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more questions or for a specific update on YOUR neighborhood in the Lafayette, Indiana area – call The Romanski Group at (765) 404.5095 for a FREE Seller Consultation. Using an experienced team is the way to go to get your home SOLD! Don’t you deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area?!