Home maintenance is something that a lot of people enjoy. It’s a task that helps to preserve one of the biggest investments most will make in their lifetime. However, it can easily fall by the wayside if you allow it to. Life just gets going, and the tedious aspects to home maintenance tend to land in the section of the brain that says, “out of sight, out of mind.” Well, our hope here is to help make sure that doesn’t happen this Fall. There are many things you can and need to do around your home before the winter rolls around. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Bring in any and all outdoor furniture, lawn decor, children’s toys, etc.
- Trim and prune trees. This prevents home damage from loose limbs during storms, but it is also great for the overall health of the tree!
- Clean gutters! Maybe even do it again after the last leaf falls from your property’s trees.
- Clear leaves and weeds from your yard before the first frost!
- Can and store all produce from garden veggies or fruit trees.
- Check for interior drafts. This will save your home’s efficiency, and it’ll save you money. While you’re at it, check for interior holes where critters can try to hide in your home during cool months!
- Shut off exterior faucets and completely drain hoses.
- Check chimney and decide if it needs cleaning or a repair for fires in the coming months.
- Test all interior winter systems: heating system, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, etc. Change filters on your interior systems as well. Test snow blower to make sure it’s working. Stock up on salt, snow shovels, and firewood.
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9300. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!