Springing into a new year has goal setting on our mind. New Year’s resolutions come in many shapes and sizes. Many pertain to fitness, finances, studies, social advances, and self care, but have you considered purchasing a house? It’s a resolution that can change your life. If you already own a home, refinancing, or finding another house to fit all of your needs might also be an option for the goal list.
Purchasing a home in a hot market might have you thoughtful about what you need to do to achieve that goal. Is it even possible right now? Of course it is! With the right team behind you, the possibilities are endless. Whether you’re a first time buyer or you desire to sell and change your location, there are things to do to prepare.
So, what exactly needs to happen in order for you to purchase a home? What are some practical steps that can take you in the right direction? Is right now the time to purchase for you?
- Find a reliable realtor. Realtors are essential in the current housing market. Part of preparation includes finding the perfect match for the person who will fight for you during all aspects of this process, show you houses on a flexible schedule, and who will be your match maker for you and the perfect home! The Romanski Group would be honored to represent you in this endeavor!
- Keep an eye on your credit score. Keep that credit score high and reliable during all stages of purchasing a home. It opens up doors for your loan officer to get you the best rates available at the exact moment you find the perfect house and sign the papers!
- Research loan options. USDA, FHA, Conventional… these are just a few terms to research before purchasing a home.
- Figure out your budget. Find a loan officer (Eric Cox at Ruoff Mortgage is always easy to work with!), and determine what amount you can get pre-approved for in a loan.
- Save, save, save! The more equity you have in your current home, or the more money you have saved for a down payment, the better your rates will be! Most homes can be purchased with as little as 3.5% down (some loan programs are 0-3% also).
2021 could be the year your life changes for the better! Contact the Romanski Group today to set that ball in motion.
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9300. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!